Keyboard for Kindle Fire 7 – With so many keyboard options available for Android, there is no reason to limit ourselves to the default, or only those available on Amazon App store. Although the App store does provide alternatives, such as Swift Key, it does not approach the options available on the Google Play Store.
Fortunately, there is a fairly simple way to open keyboard selection on the Kindle Fire HDX, Kindle Fire 7, Kindle Fire 8. With a few simple steps, you can apply various styles and layouts that work best for you.
How to Install Keyboard for kindle Fire
- To make sure you can install the keyboard you want, download and install ES File Explorer, available for free on Amazon Appstore. This will allow you to navigate the files on your device, and for our purposes, to find and install a new keyboard.
- The key step in the process, activating “Unknown sources” will allow us to download applications that are not available on Amazon Appstore.
- As mentioned in Step no.2, we will get these files from sources other than Appstore, so do a quick web search for your favorite keyboard APK file (application file), or you can use a free service like APK Downloader to get an APK from application on Google Play.
- Note: Because the package structure conflicts with the standard keyboard on your Kindle Fire HDX, every official Google Keyboard is excluded from installation.
- With your APK downloaded and ready to go, open ES File Explorer. Tap on the icon on the top left and select Download to access your recently downloaded files, then tap on the keyboard to install it, then select Open.
The keyboard application makes it easy to activate and select a keyboard, so just follow the instructions. To activate the keyboard, just select it under the Active Keyboard Language section of the Keyboard Language setting.
Next, navigate back to the keyboard application and proceed to step two to select the keyboard.
Depending on the keyboard, your request will look a little different, but achieve the same results.
How to Return Back to Stock Keyboard
Not digging a new keyboard, or scaling problems correctly? No problem. To return to the original, navigate to Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Keyboard Language. Uncheck the keyboard that you applied and the stock will return to its place.
This is an easy process that facilitates a more personal experience when using your device. If you need further assistance or just want to talk about how great your new keyboard is, just use the comments section below.