Many Amazon Kindle Fire users are hit with messages about low storage space or less memory on their device. One reason for this problem is that applications installed on the Kindle Fire run in the background, performing certain operations that consume memory and storage. There are several ways to overcome this problem and clean up your Amazon Kindle Fire.
Use Kindle Cloud Storage
For people who don’t know, the Amazon Kindle tablet comes with Kindle Cloud Storage which is theoretically unlimited. What you can do is
- Use Kindle Cloud Storage to save files that you don’t use regularly.
- Only download items from the Cloud that you need.
- Open “Applications” from the menu at the top of the Carousel home page
- Switch between “Cloud” and “Device” in the buttons at the top to see where your application is located.
Free up space taken up by application’s private data
The application that you download on your Kindle Fire requires additional space because its background service is running continuously. You can delete the extra space taken by this application by doing the following:
- Open the Menu by sliding down from the top down.
- You will see an option. Tap Other.
- Under More sub menus, open Device then Storage.
- Scroll down to “Applications and Games.” Here you will see how much application space has been taken on your device.
- Tap Applications and Games and delete any applications that you don’t need to install on the device (Note: They are stored securely in the “Cloud” for later downloads!).
Connect the device with a PC and delete data that is not useful
Another solution to this problem is connecting the Kindle Fire with a PC using a mini-USB cable to see which files are on the device. Many users find this solution useful. Many files are displayed on PC and not visible on Kindle Fire. Just delete the file that you saw after connecting your device. Some users find movie files this way that don’t seem to be visible.
Use the application to clear space and memory
There are several applications available in the application store that you can install to automatically clean up space and memory. One of them is the Clean Master application. This application is great for several reasons.
- The application itself is very small and only requires a few MB of space.
- Unlike other applications, this application does not take additional storage after installation.
- And the application you can download for free.
Simply install the application on Kindle Fire and tap the App Manager button to see all the applications currently on your device and the amount of space they use. Just check the box next to each application you want to delete and press the big red button at the bottom of the screen to do it. If you want more information about the application, its terminology, and how to use it, tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the main screen, and select “FAQ”.
That’s what I can explain about How to Clean up your Kindle Fire. There are many applications to clean your Kindle Fire Tablet. If you have questions about this topic, please write in the comments column. Thanks for visiting.